I love blogs for foodies that are impeccably designed. I’ve gone completely bonkers over this newly found blog, spoon fork bacon.
Sweet Cherry Gin & Tonic
Serves 4 to 5
cherry-lime simple syrup:
¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons sweet cherry juice
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
½ cup granulated sugar
2 cups gin (“Tanqueray Rangpur” is my favorite for this)
¼ cup fresh lime juice
8 cups tonic water
fresh lime wedges
1. Place the cherry juice, lime juice and sugar into a small sauce pan and simmer until the sugar dissolves.
2. Remove from heat and allow to cool completely.
3. In a pitcher stir together the cherry-lime syrup, gin, and lime juice.
4. When ready to serve fill glasses with ice and pour ¼ cup of the gin mixture into each glass.
5. Fill the glasses with tonic water, stir and serve with lime wedges.